Applying for a position with the City:
Applications for employment are available at City Hall and are available for download.
The City of Abbeville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are currently accepting job applications for the following positions:
Under general supervision exercises responsibilities for the enforcement of state and local laws relating to public safety and welfare. Exercises independent judgment in dealing with dangerous or emergency situations, exercising safety practices and procedures. Works under stressful and dangerous conditions. Reports to the Lieutenant/Sergeant.
- High School diploma/GED
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have no criminal record
- Valid SC Class D Driver's License
- Must be able to pass a background and license check, drug screen and medical physical
- SC Class 1 LE certification preferred, but not required
Pay Rang: $28,731 - $30,472 according to experience
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all kinds of weather
- Frequent walking, stooping and bending
- Occasional Saturday work
- Basic Computer Skills
- This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- The candidate must also possess a valid SC driver's license with a good driving record
- must pass a thorough background investigation, pre-employment drug screen and physical examination
Deadline to apply is December 16, 2016