Current Job Opening
Warehouse Supervisor/ Staff Technician
The City of Abbeville is currently accepting applications for a Warehouse Supervisor/ Staff Technician in the Public Utilities Department. Duties include purchasing and maintaining inventory and supplies by receiving, storing, and delivering items. This position also performs a wide variety of specialized technical work, system monitoring and support for the Utility Department. Work involves purchasing material needed by utility crews, maintaining warehouse and stock, assisting with technical programs, and any other related tasks as needed by the Utility Director. Additional duties may be assigned.
· Must have effective communication and problem solving skills
· Ability to work well in a team environment
· Associates Degree in business or a technical field preferred with 1-2 years of purchasing/receiving or technical experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
· Knowledge with GIS, SCADA or other Utility related programs or systems strongly desired
· Must pass a thorough background investigation, pre-employment drug screen and physical examination
· Must possess a valid SC driver’s license with a good driving history
· Must possess or be able to obtain a valid forklift operator’s license within 90 days of hire
How to apply:
Submit a City of Abbeville application, cover letter, resume, and references to Human Resources, PO Box 40, Abbeville SC 29620. Applications are available online at www.abbevillecitysc.com or at City Hall/Opera House.
Deadline: Until Filled
The City of Abbeville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.