- Food Vendor Information
Food Vendor Information
Thank you to everyone who submitted a food vendor application for the 2019 Spring Festival. At this time, all food vendor spaces are booked. We thank you for your consideration and hope you keep Abbeville in mind for future events.
Important Vendor Info
Vendor Selection: The City accepts vendors on a first come first serve basis, while ensuring different categories of vendors are included (For example, the City will not have 15 ice cream vendors for the Festival). This means that vendors are encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible in order to secure a spot. Spaces are limited to 15-16 food vendors depending on size and power requirements.
Payment: We prefer payment by check or money order. A $50 charge will be assessed for returned checks.
Refund Policy: If the withdraw is made 60 days or more prior to the first day of the event, you can receive a 50% refund on your space fee. No refunds will be given within 60 days of the event because they will be committed to the event production.
What We Provide: Included in your festival fee is booth space, your choice of either a 30 or 50 amp outlet, and access to water. Your tent, signs, equipment, tables, chairs, etc. are your responsibility with rare exceptions. Additional governmental fees such as Health Department fees may apply as well.
Grease and Trash: All food vendors must provide ground cover inside their booth and cooking area for the absorption of grease. No food vendor will be allowed to open if the ground cover is not in place. No grease or grey water is to be poured onto the ground or down any drains. Anyone found doing this will be asked to leave and will lose your clean up deposit. Additionally, you will be responsible for any and all environmental cleanup costs and subject to prosecution by city or state officials.
Trash: Vendors are responsible for collecting and properly bagging trash within your sales location. Our clean-up crew will collect properly bagged trash from outside of your sales location.
Water and Ice: Water, Grey water tanks, and grease disposal tanks will be available at the event you have been accepted to. Please bring appropriate hoses, hose connections, transport buckets and electrical cords. You are responsible for bringing your own ice.
Electricity: All food vendors must bring 75'-100' of quality electrical cord and must be able to reach the power boxes provided. Vendors must have a 110-volt plug. Vendors may come ahead of time to see if their cord matches with the box.
Location: We will try to accommodate specific vendor location requests but reserve the right to locate vendors in a spot designated by the City based on electrical and size requirements. Vendors are required to stay for the duration of the festival, those who insists on leaving before the conclusion of the event will be put in spots that are easier to exit from in future events.
2019 Helpful Hints for Safe Food Handling
All food vendors must be compliant with current local and regional guidelines for temporary food service events. Please review the following helpful hints which will help assure your booth will meet current regulations:
TO PREVENT FOODBORNE ILLNESS
- Obtain foods from an approved source. Home prepared food is not allowed.
- Wash hands thoroughly before and after handling foods.
- Maintain hot foods at temperatures of 135 degrees Fahrenheit or above.
- Maintain cold foods at temperatures of 41 degrees Fahrenheit or below.
- Cook ground beef to a minimum of 155 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook Chicken to a minimum of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take frequent food temperatures.
- Heat foods quickly and cool foods rapidly.
- Keep raw and cooked food separate.
- Thaw foods properly: completely submerged under running water not longer than 4 hours, as part of a cooking process, or through refrigeration.
- Use single service articles whenever possible.
- Keep foods covered and protected from dust, dirt, insects, vermin, and human contamination.
- Minimize handling of foods before, during, and after preparation.
- Do not use swollen, leaking, or damaged canned goods.
- Store all food product and equipment at least six inches off the ground.
ITEMS REQUIRED AT A TEMPORARY EVENT
- Probe Thermometer
- Chemical test strips (for measuring sanitizer concentration)
- Adequate supply of back up utensils
- Adequate supply of potable water
- Soap and single service towels
- Fire extinguisher (properly tagged and correct type)
- Adequate facilities and equipment to maintain food at the proper temperatures
- Adequate protection from flying insects, vermin, dust and dirt
- Adequate protection for food displayed, prepared or stored
Please note: All participating vendors will need to be serve safe certified from the health dept.