- Food Vendor Information
Food Vendor Information
Please fill out the application as thoroughly as possible and send it in to us. DO NOT send any payments at this time. We will consider your application for each event we have for the year and will notify you if you will be invited to participate with us at a festival. Sending an application does not guarantee acceptance.
Important Vendor Info
Application Process: Please fill out the attached application as thoroughly as possible and send it in to us. DO NOT send any payments at this time. We will consider your application for each event we have for the year and will notify you if you will be invited to participate with us at a festival. Sending an application does not guarantee acceptance. At the point of acceptance, you will have a maximum of 2 weeks to decide if you will join us at the event. If we don’t hear from you and receive half payment within the 14 days, the offer of participation will be cancelled.
There are four convenient ways you can send the application to us.
- Fax it to us at (864) 366-4118.
- Mail it to: Abbeville Hogs and Hens Emily Bledsoe, Special Events Coordinator P.O Box 40 Abbeville, SC 29620.
- Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out the Online Application
Payment: Payment is only due once you have been accepted. We prefer payment by check or money order. A $35 charge will be assessed for returned checks.
Refund Policy: If the withdraw is made 60 days or more prior to the first day of the event, you can receive a 50% refund on your space fee. No refunds will be given within 60 days of the event because they will be committed to the event production.
What we Provide: Included in your festival fee is booth space, your choice or either a 30 or 50 amp outlet, and access to water. Your tent, signs, equipment, tables, chairs, etc. are your responsibility with rare exceptions. Additional governmental fees such as Health Department fees may apply as well.
Grease and Trash: All food vendors must provide ground cover inside their booth and cooking area for the absorption of grease. No food vendor will be allowed to open if the ground cover is not in place. No grease or grey water is to be poured onto the ground or down any drains. Anyone found doing this will be asked to leave and will lose your clean up deposit. Additionally, you will be responsible for any and all environmental cleanup costs and subject to prosecution by city or state officials.
Trash: Vendors are responsible for collecting and properly bagging trash within your sales location. Our clean-up crew will collect properly bagged trash from outside of your sales location.
Water and Ice: Water, Grey water tanks, and grease disposal tanks will be available at the event you have been accepted to. Please bring appropriate hoses, hose connections, transport buckets and electrical cords. You are responsible for bringing your own ice.
2018 Helpful Hints for Safe Food Handling
All food vendors must be compliant with current local and regional guidelines for temporary food service events. Please review the following helpful hints which will help assure your booth will meet current regulations:
TO PREVENT FOODBORNE ILLNESS
- Obtain foods from an approved source. Home prepared food is not allowed.
- Wash hands thoroughly before and after handling foods.
- Maintain hot foods at temperatures of 135 degrees Fahrenheit or above.
- Maintain cold foods at temperatures of 41 degrees Fahrenheit or below.
- Cook ground beef to a minimum of 155 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook Chicken to a minimum of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take frequent food temperatures.
- Heat foods quickly and cool foods rapidly.
- Keep raw and cooked food separate.
- Thaw foods properly: completely submerged under running water not longer than 4 hours, as part of a cooking process, or through refrigeration.
- Use single service articles whenever possible.
- Keep foods covered and protected from dust, dirt, insects, vermin, and human contamination.
- Minimize handling of foods before, during, and after preparation.
- Do not use swollen, leaking, or damaged canned goods.
- Store all food product and equipment at least six inches off the ground.
ITEMS REQUIRED AT A TEMPORARY EVENT
- Probe Thermometer
- Chemical test strips (for measuring sanitizer concentration)
- Adequate supply of back up utensils
- Adequate supply of potable water
- Soap and single service towels
- Fire extinguisher (properly tagged and correct type)
- Adequate facilities and equipment to maintain food at the proper temperatures
- Adequate protection from flying insects, vermin, dust and dirt
- Adequate protection for food displayed, prepared or stored
Please note: All participating vendors will need to be serve safe certified from the health dept.